ASERA 54 Transport & Accommodation
**Please note that this website is being progressively updated as we continue to plan for ASERA54 - please check back here for more information soon**
Photo: Tourism Tropical North Queensland
Transport to the Cairns Convention Centre and Around Cairns
Transport to/from Cairns Airport
- Taxis: There are taxi ranks at each terminal in Cairns airport that are monitored 24/7 (look for the signage upon your arrival at Cairns Airport).
- Ride-share: There are Ride Booking/Ride Share pick up areas at each terminal in Cairns airport (look for the signage upon your arrival at Cairns Airport)
- Local shuttle bus: There are scheduled coach services from Cairns airport to/from Port Douglas, Cairns CBD and Palm Cove. This can be booked by visiting the Exemplar Transfer Desk in the Domestic Arrivals (T2) or International Arrivals (T1) terminal of Cairns Airport, visiting www.exemplaronline.com.au or calling Exemplar Coaches on (07) 4213 3333.
- Car hire: There are six car hire companies located on site at Cairns Airport and have car hire counters located in the Arrivals Hall of both T1 (international) and T2 (domestic). Please see the Cairns Airport website for more information.
For more information on transport to/from Cairns airport, please see their website.
Alternative Transport to/from Cairns
- Long distance coaches: Long distance and interstate coaches operate from a central depot at the Reef Fleet Terminal on the Cairns Esplanade.
- Rail: The Spirit of Queensland travels between Cairns and Brisbane five times a week. For more information, please see the Queensland Rail Travel website.
Transport around Cairns
- Bus: Sunbus (the public bus service run by Translink), operates throughout Cairns CBD, from the northern beaches to the southern suburbs via the Lake Street bus terminal (located between Shields and Aplin streets).
For more information on Cairns public transport services, please see the Translink website.
Accommodation in Cairns
There are special rates for ASERA54 Attendees at the following properties. Please click on the links below to find out more information:
Special rate for ASERA54 attendees is 15% off BAR (Best Available Rate of the Day) at the following properties:
Special rates for ASERA54 attendees from the Accor group*:
*For the above links from Accor, you can change the length of their stay at the top LHS of the screen.
Special rates for ASERA54 attendees from the Benson Hotel Cairns**:
- Bronze King/Queen - $220 per room per night***
- Silver King/Queen - $250 per night per room***
- Gold king/Queen - $280 per room per night***
**To book the any of the above rooms at the Benson, please quote the event and rooming price with Benson Hotel reception (email@example.com).
***Bronze, silver and gold queen rooms offer 2 queen beds per room with the maximum stay for 4 adults
Special rates for ASERA54 attendees from the Pullman**** Reef Hotel Casino
- Superior King Room - $329 per room per night
- Deluxe King Park View Room - $369 per room per night
- Deluxe Pool King View Room - $369 per room per night
- Premium Deluxe King Water View Room - $409 per room per night
****To book the any of the above rooms at the Pullman, please call 07 4030 8888 and quote “0626ASE”. Credit cards will also be required at time of booking as a guarantee. Cancellation terms – to avoid 100% cancellation fee please advise 72 hours prior to arrival. The stay dates are 25-30 June 2023 – Bookings made after 10th May 2023 will revert to normal rates.
Exploring Cairns & Tropical North Queensland - What to see and where to eat
What to see
There are plenty of things to see and do whilst in Cairns and Tropical North Queensland, including their many beaches, the Great Barrier Reef, the Atherton Tablelands, highland plateaus, rainforests, white water rafting, skydiving, golf, food and wine trails, museums, markets, as well as spas and wellness retreats.
For a comprehensive guide on the many things to see whilst in Cairns and Tropical North Queensland, please see this guide provided by Tourism Tropical North Queensland.
Where to eat
There are a range of places to eat at during your time in Cairns and Tropical North Queensland, including the markets at Yungaburra, and Rusty’s Market in Cairns. There are also a range of restaurants in Cairns that have a wide variety of local and international cuisines. For a comprehensive list of places to eat whilst in Cairns and Tropical North Queensland, please see this guide from Tourism Tropical North Queensland.
For deals on various tours in Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef, please see the Tourism Tropical North Queensland Website.