Higher Degree Research students (HDRs) and Early Career Researchers (ECRs) are invited to the following events during ASERA53.
As part of the ASERA53 Conference at Curtin University, Perth, ASERA is proud to facilitate the biannual HDR/ECR Workshop and yearly Fireside Chat. Whether you are embarking on your doctoral journey or navigating your early career, these events will be an opportunity to work and network with your peers to learn about academic career development. Sessions will be run face-to-face only.
1. ECR/HDR Workshop
The workshop will include hands-on examples, individual sharing, group discussion and Q&A opportunities.
- Publishing in high impact journals in science education and other areas
- Proposing special issues, edited books and authored books
- Building a track record in academic reviewing
- Promoting your research through traditional and social media
- Networking in national/international communities & SIGs
- Establishing a research programme and niche area
- Applying and winning competitive research grants
There are limited places available for the HDR/ECR Workshop. Expressions of Interest for the workshop should be sent to, firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday 1 June.
Include the following information in the email:
- University affiliation
- Career stage or stage of PhD completion
- Research interests
- What you hope to achieve by participating in the workshop (<200 words)
2. ECR/HDR Fireside Chat
This is an informal gathering for ECR/HDRs to network and share ideas with peers and two experienced science education academics about how to launch and maintain academic career.
When: Wednesday 29 June, 5-7pm (light supper will be provided)
Facilitators: Professor Vaille Dawson & Associate Professor Christine Howitt, Graduate School of Education University of Western Australia
The Fireside Chat is open to all ECR/HDRs who are attending the ASERA53 Conference. All registered participants attending in Perth will be sent an email to confirm attendance at this event.