Journal of Research in Science Teaching (JRST)
Call for Editorial Board Members
We are seeking applications to fill 14 positions on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Research in Science Teaching (JRST).
This year, we especially invite applicants with strong methodological skills of all sorts, but particularly in quantitative, mixed methods, and design studies. We are also especially interested in those with expertise in the integration of engineering into K-12 science education, scientific practices, equity, and in research on science education at higher education levels.
JRST is the official journal of NARST: A Worldwide Organization for Improving Science Teaching and Learning through Research. JRST publishes reports for science education researchers and practitioners on issues of science teaching and learning and science education policy. For JRST details, visit http://wileyonlinelibrary.com/journal/jrst.
The engagement of NARST members with the JRST Editorial Board is crucial for ensuring the quality and rigor of the peer review process. Each year, approximately one-third of the 40 Editorial Board member positions are open for new colleagues as outgoing board members conclude their service.
NARST members from our global community who are in good standing, and have published in a top-tier, refereed science education research journal, are eligible to apply for this scholarly service. The appointment is for a three-year term (2019-2022), contingent on performance. This year’s appointments begin end of March 2020, and will end April 2023 (at the time of the NARST Annual Conference). Duties include providing timely, in-depth reviews of up to 10 manuscripts each year. NARST policy requires that Editorial Board members review each JRST manuscript assigned to them. All duties and communication are performed electronically using the ScholarOne Manuscripts™ system: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jrst
To apply, please:
1. Prepare a single electronic document (pdf format preferred) containing:
- A one-page cover letter describing your research expertise; and
- An abbreviated, 3-page vita that includes your current and past professional positions, institutional affiliation(s), contact information, publications in prominent refereed journals in science education, and prior editorial experiences.
2. Use your first and last names as the name of your document (e.g., Eva_Brown.pdf)
3. Email your application as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org The “Subject” line in your email should read: “Application for the JRST Editorial Board (2020-2023)”
The deadline for submitting applications is February 20, 2020 @ 5:00 PM your local time. If you have any questions, please email us at: email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application!
Troy Sadler & Felicia Moore Mensah, Co-Editors
Journal of Research in Science Teaching